9/17/10

Chicken Charlie

Again, I saw this in one of the blogs I follow. It was described as "Manila's Bonchon crispy chicken." I fell in love with BonChon chicken when I first tried it in New Jersey, so I knew I had to try this!


4 Drumsticks + 4 Wings combo - P289


















Hello there chicken!




















The skin is thin and crispy. I was conscious because the people around us waiting for their orders could hear the crunch in every bite we were taking.



















We got a mix of the soy garlic sauce and the hot sweet sauce. We liked the hot sweet sauce better, it has more flavor. We thought the soy garlic would have a stronger flavor to it.


Charlies Bowl - P59



















My mom wanted rice so we also tried Charlies bowl. This had the most value for money as it had good portions of chicken chunks and a lot of rice!


Bundaberg Sarsaparilla - P90

Good combo with the wings, although a bit overpriced.




















You can watch tv while waiting for your order. Warning: your order might take a while to be served. They recommend that you call first so your order will be ready when you arrive.
















We got more wings for my dad, but my mom started to eat some so I followed.


10 pieces of wings - P199

We couldn't resist!


























Reasons why you should eat at Chicken Charlie!




















Chicken Charlie is a little hard to find since it's just a small establishment, be sure to look for the red sign along N. S. Amoranto.


























For me, BonChon's chicken wings are tastier, but Chicken Charlie is the closest thing I can compare it to here in the Philippines. The crispy-ness of the chicken will make the long drive from Makati worth it!


Chicken Charlie
Ambiance -3
Taste - 4
Value for money - 4


Where to find Chicken Charlie
  • 592 N.S. Amoranto St. corner Banawe St. QC

2 comments:

  1. a-ha! dun lang pala to! kayang kaya puntahan haha! Thanks sa review Jenners, nakakatakam :D next on my list :D

    ReplyDelete